Sunday, October 30, 2011

Phool - I

Since long I have been thinking of having a morning stroll in my society compound , clicking and appreciating the beautiful flowers that are grown in my society garden. But due to office on weekdays and laziness on weekends I never get the time to get up early morning and go down.

So last Saturday since I slept early on Friday night, I got awake around 7 and seeing the pleasant weather outside I decided that today is the day. Although as Winters are approaching, most of the trees have started shedding their leaves and flowers but still some of them were laden with some beautiful flowers.

I wanted to write about them last saturday only but wanted to first know the name of all the flowers that I have clicked so that its more easy for people to remember. But alas its very difficult to search names when you only have their photos and I guess that is something that Facebook, Google etc software giants should really come up with next.

Nevertheless sharing the pictures ,some with names and some with their search still on for identification.

Hope you all will like them.

First up the FireCracker Flower or Crossandra infundibuliformis. If you enlarge this photo by clicking on it you will see that the flower has a yellow color at center and red petals which gives an impression of burning cracker with red  flames coming out of it. 


Next up is one of the most common flower that we see in India, Bougainvillea.


Bougainvillea is a vine tree bearing bunches of pink flowers.




Next is another common flower whose name I could not found :(



MahaStri once told me its name but I don't remember. You can find this flower in every nook and corner of India, in most of the parks and lawns.

Next, Violet Wild Petunia.... Nice violety flower.

Another one which although small but had a very uncharacteristic petal shape. One prolong search it seems its another variety of Crown of the Thorns (Botanical name Euphorbia milii)

And ofcourse how can you not have Roses....




There were many more flowers that I clicked whose name I could not yet find out, so just sharing some of them


This was an interesting flower with needle like petals. Now I know they are Red Powder Puff flower or Calliandra haematocephala.



I could not click the below Amaltas flower well as it was on roadside outside our society and the flowers too were at quite an height.


This one is called Jatropha Integerrima or Spicy Jatropha.


There were few more but their photos din't come well.

I am hoping to soon update the post with the names of the flower that I have not mentioned yet.

25 comments:

  1. Great pics, but fashion up your autograph (the copyright). People have them soo pretty that it enhances the beauty of the photo. Something people like to flaunt when they show off the photo :) See, i've an SJ photo with me :P :) Great going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya , this signature was hand made as I could not install the watermarking softwares on my PC. But point noted , will definitely work on that.

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just woke up and with this beautiful post made my day more wonderful! My favourite flower is the FireCracker Flower or Crossandra infundibuliformis. It was really nice of you to wake up so early and share this with us... Keep on the good work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Victoria - Thanks for the wonderful comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..this one will be my most fav post.I'd say the same thing as hope about signature..needs some class touch.About the flowers, I would face the same problem while trying to find their names on google , and would think of the same things,infact tried the google image tool too ..where you click the picture and google tries to find the match, but didn't work out well.I'd search like " common violet flower tree in north india" and such phrases to find the exact name.
    This effort paid off , and now know the name of some of my fav trees and plants :P...Anyways, the violet flower which is very common in lawns is " Sadabahar" and the red flower with needles like shape is I guess some variant of "bottlebrush".Keep posting about flowers ..that makes my day too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Sehar- Thanks for the name of the Purple flower :). Yes you may be right about the red being a variant of bottlebrush..let me explore little more.

    And yes Girls noted down the feedback for signature.. thanks a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes the common purple, white or pink flower is anticancerous plant...she is rite "Sadabahar" Catharanthus roseus, vinca roseus

    that is bottlebrush "Calistemon"

    beautiful pics...keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice pics and a creative topic for the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep coming back to this post and the sparrows one.Your blog is becoming my most fav place on net :).Looking fwd to more such posts..Please cover the flowering trees too sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. BTW you ppl can check this site for a huge list of flowers with pictures...its a really nice site with hundreds of flowers with proper description
    http://www.flowersofindia.in

    The search features are also quite good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Sehar - The red needle like flower is not bottle brush , its Powder Puff :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't mean to spam your blog. Just helping out a friend in spreading around a new blog that was just started.

    http://komodia-happy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Even i visited this site for names of number of flowers ..but make sure you don't leave an entry in the guestbook.Your mailbox will be filled with spam mails!
    Also, I don't think this is amaltas.This is another yellow flowering tree the name of which I am also looking for.
    Check out amaltas trees here :
    http://thedelhiwalla.blogspot.com/2009/05/photo-essay-amaltas-trees-hailey-road.html

    This is one of my fav blog about delhi.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Suditi - I too had some doubts about Amaltas. I matched the leave patterns to identify and I don't remember exactly where but at some site everything matched perfectly :)...Maybe it requires more search :)...Thanks

    And Thanks for the spam alert for that site :) Although i din't subscribe but might have some day.. Thanks enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The pictures are great like taken from a flower guide and even better
    הפלגות נופש

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice Post . . .:)

    may you want to stay in bali, you can book hotels in bali from my website ( List of Bali Hotels Discount ,Low Rates ):


    Bali Hotels
    Bali Kuta Hotels
    Bali Nusa Dua Hotels
    Sanur Beach Hotels


    Best Regards

    Bali Hotels Management

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is really a good read for me, Must admit that you are one of the best bloggers I ever saw. Thanks for posting this informative article.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello, I came to your blog and started reading along . I decided I will leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading your blog. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks a lot for such lovely comments ...

    ReplyDelete
  20. dogecoin converter in dollar,you can bitcoin convert from dogecoin, you can change currency form of dollars ,you can count currency in calculator.it is Dollar to convert money in buy anything.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Investing online has been a main source of income, that's why knowledge plays a very important role in humanity, you don't need to over work yourself for money.All you need is the right information, and you could build your own wealth from the comfort of your home!Binary trading is dependent on timely signals, assets or controlled strategies which when mastered increases chance of winning up to 90%-100% with trading. It’s possible to earn $10,000 to $20,000 trading weekly-monthly, just file a complaint with Mr. William, I had almost given up on everything about binary trading and ever getting my lost funds back, till i met with him, with his help now i have my lost funds back to my bank account and I can now trade successfully with his profitable strategies and software!! Email: GLOBALFXINVESTMENT3@GMAIL.COM

    ReplyDelete