Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Wake Up Sid ...

Have started writing this on 2nd October the day I watched Wake Up Sid but some how din't complete it.

So that day Me, Dev and Innocent Devil went to watch Wake Up Sid. Well as most of you might have already seen it so not much to say about it.

It’s nice movie, one time watch types but could have been much better.

The reason I wanted to write about it is the incident that happened while we were watching the film. The film has one or two touching scenes between Ranbir Kapoor and Supriya Pathak who plays his Mom in the movie.

First when Ranbir is at his home all frustrated and shocked knowing that he has failed his exams and his Mom starts saying that how could you fail so he shouts that “What you know about passing and failing when you yourself have never been to school”

Then after a fight with his Dad on that he leaves home.

Then when he is shooting( clicking photos) his next door neighbor and her child he remembers his mother and goes back to meet her. Her mother has a habit of trying to talk to him in English and since she doesn’t know a word of it she generally sounds very funny and weird. So at that time he tells her Mom why you try to talk to me in English when you don’t know it. Then his mother says that its because as she feels that then only she has a chance of becoming his friend and it seriously makes you feel so bad thinking all the time when your parents try to do things which they don’t know how to do but they still try just for the sake of their child. For example like your mother trying to eat in a restaurant with a fork and spoon just not to embarrass you (My mom was the only person in my family who used to eat Dosa so elegantly and easily with fork and spoon and it was we who used to embarrass her by eating with our hand), so this example is more from a TV Advertisement in which the Mom who is around 60 years old sitting in a 5 star hotel looks so confused seeing all the people around her eating with fork and spoon, so on noticing that her son puts his fork and spoon down and starts eating with his hands and signals his mom to start eating, ending her confusion.

Well coming back to the incident that happened. So after this scene made me emotional, wanting to talk to my Mom and in general the atmosphere touchy, the movie continued. After 10-15 minutes of that scene the phone of the person who was sitting behind me ranged and it was his Mom. I just happened to listen to the conversation as he was sitting so close. His Mom was inquiring about his health and whether he has taken his medicines or not but he very abruptly hanged the phone telling her that he was in a meeting and will talk later.

Ok now I am not commenting whether what the guy did was right or wrong but I just felt bad. I don’t know may be I have lied to my Mom a hell lot of times when I was a kid but now I know one person with whom I can be honest is My Mom. Anyways she is “Mother” so no matter how hard you try you can never lie to her, she understands you so well that she will at once catch you lying or will understand the thing without the need to give an excuse or lie.

I don’t have to tell her that I was out with my friends watching a movie she will get it anyway so what’s the need to lie?

Anyways I guess the scene before and the incident that followed made me just little upset with people in general.

The movie again highlights how important it is for people to understand their responsibilities, to value their parents who have sacrificed and tried so much for their children. And of course the fact that friends are always there and forever and if you have any such friend just hold them tightly.

Nevertheless a time pass movie especially watching with two most eligible bachelors :- p.

PS: I might have goofed up with the exact wordings of the dialogue I cited as its been long since I watched it.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha....am i one of those most eligible bachelors :P...i knew it :P...sun lo desh bhar ki chicks :P...

    seriously...the scenes were touching...the one u mentioned where she tells him why she keeps on trying to talk in english...it was very poignant...i remembered many occasions with my mom...i donno...it makes me feel bad somehow...i was gonna write a post too...but could not...now reading this...i guess i ld finish that now...

    ReplyDelete