Monday, March 15, 2010

Five People You Meet in Heaven

Finally I got  the motivation to write about this book that I have read last month, in fact  I have even completed  the predecessor to this book by the same author ,"Tuesdays With Morrie".
 
Well Five People You Meet in Heaven is about Eddie an amusement park mechanic  who dies while saving a child  and then  he starts his journey to heaven where he meets  five people , some of them strangers ,  rest his known ones  but each  of them helps him  understand what all he  went through in his life  on earth.
 
As already mentioned in my previous post , this book made me want to die as soon as possible so that I could find out the reasons or rational behind what all has happened or happening in my life.

Another of must read recommendation from my side. 

Here I am just quoting some of the quotes/statements from that book along with my comments on the same. 

The running boy is inside every man no matter how old he gets. 
Yes I also feel everyone at some point in their life want to run, run aimlessly, run without any purpose or any reason. And I hope that someday I will experience that.

Not being able to speak is good. It helps you listen.
Yep sometimes its so necessary for everyone to stop speaking themselves so that they can listen what the other is saying. 

No life is waste. The only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.
Ha ha. Need to accept this asap. 

Young men go to war. Sometimes because they have to , sometimes because they want to. Always they feel they are supposed to.
Yes I too feel that when we are young we somehow feel that the only way we can serve our country is by being in the force, fighting at the front. 

Before he can devote himself to God or a woman, a boy will devote himself to his father, even foolishly, even beyond explanation. 
So so true. Can so easily relate to this statement. 

You have peace when you make it with yourself.
Huh. Yes thats the ultimate goal of life i,e, at the end of it we are at least at peace with ourselves.

There are many such statements in this book which make you think, make you look back at life with a purpose to make it more simple and acceptable to oneself.
Will soon share the experience of reading "Tuesdays with Morrie."

Its even better than this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment