Thursday, March 4, 2010

Its no more there....

On my way to office , just after crossing the Badarpur red light behind the petrol pumps (which are no longer there) used to stand a small temple of Maa Siddheswari. 

So since I have been going through this route everyday since last 4-5 odd years I always used to read the board of this temple and since the route to the same was through a car workshop I always used to wonder how the temple must be?
Somewhere I had the desire or rather intuition that one day I am going to visit it. I didn't have any fixed desire or wish, just I felt that there will be a day when I will be stranded along that place and as I will have nothing else to do I will just walk up to this temple and visit it.

So as most of you must be knowing that the whole place around that area has been demolished to make way for the Metro as well as the flyover so few weeks back I saw that the workshop is no more and I could see the small temple building in fact I could see  the door clearly. So that made me wonder that now it will be quite easy for me to visit it someday.

But just few days back I saw that even that temple is no longer there.

I don't know but just since there was some intuitionist bonding with that temple and although like most of the temples in India here too I know that they will reestablish this temple either at some other place or under a tree nearby , I somehow feel it won't be same. That feeling of have-to-and-will-visit-it-someday won't be fulfilled even if I visit the new establishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment