Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Papa main papa ban gaya....

Nowadays not only people who are part of my life are taking the plunge towards the next phase of their life by getting married , there are some too who are going one step further.

Firstly it was Sud (RJ on Radio Mirchi Delhi), who in his signature style "unknowingly" told all his listeners that his wife Monali is pregnant. Like always the innocent antiques that he did on air were really hilarious. The excitement in his voice while disclosingly hiding the same was so amusing to hear about. The way he said " Main na aap log se na ek baat chupa raha hun bahut dino se ...maine aap logo ko pata bhi nai lagne diya (this was after he gave all open hints about it on air everytime since last week).... actually ghar walo ne kaha hai ki itni jaldi sabko nahi batate...but how can I hide from u ppl...Maine naaa papa banne wala hun... Ohhh My God."

And then recently, few weeks back, my immediate boss , who is btw French and works at our France office, became a father. And he shared it somewhat like this in our weekly call...
"I have a news to share.. ,..its.. personal.., yesterday.. my.. baby.. arrived , both the mother.. and ..boy.. are doing.. good...( the "..." are the pauses he took between every word...and after an awkwardly long silence he said) And So...I .. am ...Happy "

And this happened in the next 4 calls that we attended that week with various customers :)

I know this is arguably the greatest day in everyone's life and the excitement these people showed in sharing the news made me appreciate it the more.

PS: These episodes reminded me of the song from Anil Kapoor - Kajol starrer film (I forgot the name of the film) ..Papa mein papa ban gaya...thats why this title :)

3 comments: