Saturday, April 2, 2011

Mom Oh Mom...

Mothers are simply amazing. Was just surfing through the channels trying to find something other than the cricket talks that is engulfing each n every media space, where people of any intelluct has an expert opinion on the Indian cricket team. Its World Cup final today between India & SriLanka.

So I landed on one such channel which was airing Sehwag's Mom's interview. The intervieweer asked her what was the last thing she said to Sehwag when he called , to which she replied "Beta kal kuch kar liyo (Son, do atleast something tomorrow) ".

This reminded of the time when I called my mom from college telling her I have topped my semester and her first remark was "You have passed in every subject right?".In her defence, in that semester we had a tough paper in which many people flanked. But the anxious tone she had with which she doubted despite me telling that I topped was so similar to what Sehwag's mom had when she said that.
I am not comparing our talents (as if I have any as compared to Sehwag) but to our Moms may be we are the same. Sehwag with his reputation and performance itself demoralizes the opposition without even touching a single ball and here his Mother asking him with a doubt in her mind that her son is not doing anything.

They are our biggest supporter and perhaps our biggest critic too....

1 comment: