Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Momma.....

It was Mother's day on Sunday ..

Although dreamt about spending it beautifully, but I did not get to spend it as dreamt but I spent it by being at her side the whole day, listened to all that she had to say, watched cricket match with her, was quite amusing seeing her get all excited watching her favorite KKR play , although she was disappointed to see them lose again. The way she abused McCullum for being such a cold guy and he infuriated her more by getting out after just playing 3 balls managing a paltry six. Seeing her get so frustrated with the way KKR were performing that I could imagine how the other typical Bengali's must be feeling. When KKR lost 3 wickets, she was all pumped up as next in was Shah and since he had performed well last year at IPL, she was quite excited about his prospects this year but that guy has something else in his mind and he played a shot which not only disappointed my Mom but would have disappointed his own too. He was out first ball. Although the next batsman too dint last longer but she had hope since Dada was still there. But he also perished and according to her I was the culprit this time. Actually before the ball he got out, I commented that 44 runs of 44 balls, he is playing really well and she warned that don't say that he will get out and unfortunately he got out the next ball and I have to get that stern look from her which quickly turned into one full of disappointment. And such was her disappointment that she even believed when Ajit Agarkar walked down to the middle and I sarcastically said that "Oh what a great batsman has come now" and she with her innocence asked me "Oh, you think he will get some runs" and I looked back "Are you serious?" but may be God dint want to disappoint her and Ajit Agarkar did play well and ultimately KKR crawled to some total, so it was only McCullum (for everything he did and din't do), Ganguly (for missing his fifty) and Shah (for disappointing her) were the one who were still getting the scolding.

Parallely we were watching a Bengali Movie. She got me out of the other room where I was watching Red Devils beat Manchester City, by shouting that a great Mithun Chakraborty movie is being shown. Just come an watch how good is the movie and the acting. I am also a big fan of Mithun owing to his great down to earth attitude and helpful nature , so I sat with her watching the movie. In the movie , Mithun had a gang of his college students with whom he used to kill all the corrupt people and there were some good police people infact only one who was looking for Mithun and his gang, so she continuously kept telling me that the police is good but the gang is not bad, the all are good people who are doing good deeds. I was just quite amused to see the childish way she was trying to make me understand that point, repeating it every now and then. So finally I said , ya but they have no right to kill anyone no matter how bad those people are, so police is also right.

But then came the moment that I loved the most....The gang of Mithun was caught by the Police and they were getting some severe beating from the cops, so in order to force them to confess Mithun's name the cops brought Mother of one of those guys to the police station. There even after seeing her battered son , she told him "Don't tell them his name"..Hearing this the cop got bewildered and shouted (I have to write this in Bengali) "Apni Janeen apni kake bachachen? Apni oke kono din dekheche o?" (Do you know whom are you saving? Do you have ever seen that guy?). All he meant was that you are saving someone whom you have not even seen or know even though your son is dying. Before that guys Mother could answer my Mother said "Apni kokhono Bhagwan ke dekhe chen?" (Have you ever seen God?) and just then in the movie too that lady repeated the same line and My Mom just jumped from her seat and said to me "I swear I haven't seen this movie before but that was bang on target".....It was so good to see her jump like a kid and I just couldn't stop smiling.

It was a typical Mithun Movie, full of his typical dialogues, back ground music of Tiger...Tiger.. and with some lousy bunch of villains.

Anyways it was great fun to watch the movie and match with her..it always is.

She always tell me whenever I stop her from getting hyper that when people get old they should be let to speak whatever they want ....and I completely agree with her..it definitely helps irrespective of age.

Of all the things she has taught me both directly and indirectly... I feel this one is which I cherish the most nowadays "All people want is someone to talk"..although the original quote is "All people want is someone to listen" but I improvised it learning from my and her experience that you want the other person to say too...so its more of a talk or conversation that we want instead of just a listening ear.

4 comments: