Monday, September 14, 2009

Dad turn sixty

My dad turns sixty today. I feel like asking him Has he achieved what all he wanted to by this time ? Like we nowadays think that after 10 years I should be here or at 30 I should have done this so in the same way he too must had some dreams. I want to ask him all those so if not already  fulfilled, may be I can help him in doing those. 

But may be like they say that a son is more close to his mom then father I also feel that a father n son have that kind of apprehensions in talking with each other. There conversations are mainly short and have subject. 


I still remember when I started going to office three years back I used to come back everyday and tell my mom everything that happened that day , both personal and professional, while standing in kitchen without even taking my shoes off, which I still do. So my dad complained to my sister that I only talk to mom and don't talk with him. I was so surprised to know that. After that I made sure to strike conversation with him after I am back from office. 

But dad is always DAD. He is still the same guy hearing whose jeep's noise I used to leave everything and run for my books. On result days in order to save myself from his scoldings I used to hide in toilets or underneath the bed. 

Ever since I am using a cell phone he calls me on phone when I am late from college or now from office. At those times I find in his voice not that authority of a father but instead its sounds more that of a friendly father. When I am late at night,hanging out with friends, he always used to call asking Are you going to come today? When I was in college this question was more sarcastic but nowadays its more to know if the front door should be kept unlocked. Sometimes he doesn't call, may be thinking that I have grown up now and should be given some freedom but I miss his calls a lot at those times. 

I know he has struggled a lot in his life and he is still struggling. 

One thing I feel bad about him is that he doesn't have any close friend and that scares me a lot. The same with my mom and may be with both of me and my sister. May be Jana's don't have that.  :)


I really want to fulfil all his dreams like Anupam kher says to Sharukh in DDLJ that if you think you are done with enjoying your life then go and enjoy mine. Its just that its the other way around here. I want to tell him that tell me what you want I will do that for you. What all you dreamt as a youngster as a grown up, I will help you fulfil those. Its not that late. 

One thing  I know for sure that he wants to own a luxury car and me and my sister are going to present him one soon. May be we missed the sixtieth birthday deadline but its better late then never. 

May god bless him with the best of health, happiness and everything.

5 comments:

  1. This is great, so from-the-heart!
    Tell ur dad Happy Birthday from me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Quite heart-rendering post of urs. Hope you achieve this goal of yours. All the best. And, a very happy birthday to your dad!
    PS: In case you plan to surprise him wid a cake today, do put a lil of it on his nose, from my side! ;)
    hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shalina , Swati....Thanks but this post was published on 14th...2 days back :)....But I will wish him on your behalf and Cake cutting will be when Didi will be home, so we still can put that cherry on his nose.

    Thanks once again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. belated happy birthday...may u soon gift him the luxury car :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I am very late to wish your dad happy birthday... was off line for sometime... It is a very heartfelt writing and I wish your dad live a very long life and see his life through you.

    ReplyDelete