Saturday, December 19, 2009

Winter vacations

Well my winter vacations have started. Yes this is the term that is coined by my colleagues. This recession not only put a break on our not-so-hard-earned- never-sufficient earning limit, it has also forced us to take ever-so-ready holidays. So this year after having already taken a break in march we are again asked to holiday from 19th Dec to 3rd Jan.

So my family san my Didibhai decided to visit our native place. So here I am siting in the train feeling nostalgic thinking of the times I used to travel with my complete family.

Since our tickets were not confirmed so we left for station early. On the way to the station we came to know that our waiting list is upgraded to RAC so that means we can atleast board the train and we are given two seats on which we four have to adjust. Ok not bad atleast we were happy that we are going. So we reached the station, almost 1.15 minutes before our train will leave. So what else then to sit at the platform and wait.

India is a populous country, for proof you should see any metro's railway station. You will be amazed to see the crowd of people coming from somewhere and going somewhere. Ok I won't go into to details of what all was happening there but just the things which are worth mentioning.

In India you will find human weighing machines installed at various locations. I saw a little boy coming down from one such machine, smiling sheepishly with his family waiting eagerly for him. Oh I forgot to mention the place was full of Bengalis by now. That boy reminded me of the times when me and Didibhai used to take a rupee coin from dad and then used to go to one of those machines. Then in case the card showed weight less than expected we used to be delighted and if it showed more than expected we used to say its because we are wearing more layers of clothes. My dad used to say his shoes are heavy,an acceptable reason for his excess weight shown on the card. Those cards sometimes have your horoscope or sometimes list a trait of some bollywood Actor. I don't check my weight anymore ever since I started weighing like a baby elephant as I know that I may have remained constant at that figure but by no means I might have reduced. But I know Didibhai must have checked.

Ok so after that I went to check the charts to see who are our co occupants as we have to share two seats between three of us. It showed some Dey and Poddar. Both of whom I expected to be some typical middle aged Bongs(Bong is a slang for Bengalis).

Right now I am sitting with I guess Mr Dey who is a middle aged half bald guy working in TCS New Delhi, who is going to attend his college reunion. NO I din't ask any of this to him. I couldn't help hearing it when he was telling all this to our fellow passengers. We Bengalis don't need topics to talk we just need people( One more reason for me to feel I am not a true Bengali). And if they happen to be Bengali then no matter whether we have met before or are ever going to meet again or not, but by the time we separate we can recite each other's family line especially about those distant relatives whom we have not met in ages but there locations or doing or achievements are worth boosting off. Our favorite topic is having pity on the sorry state of Bengal and sometimes if we are generous then we take that to India as a whole.

So now coming to Miss Poddar. Ya you have read it right she is a girl. She seems to have come out straight from some Chetan Bhagat novel. She is sharing the seat with my mom n jethima :-| on the berth adjacent to mine separated by an opaque partition. I saw her staring at me once and I quickly went to check myself fearing there must be something odd in the way I am looking otherwise why will she stare. She is wearing glasses.( I think I heard someone say cute :-P). This is the long I have ever mentioned some unknown girl on my blog.hmmm...

Well coming to my other co passengers. There are two families on my side. One a seemingly rude guy with wife and two kids who are like all kids, naughty, innocent and talkative. The other is a lady traveling with her kid and her father who is the typical bong guy who knows everything, can comment on everything and the most important you won't be surprised if he knows all your relatives or friends who are living where he lives.

So I will keep updating my travel account and all the thing going around me provided I get time and can access net easily from my mobile. Till then enjoy :-)

1 comment:

  1. haha...nice...specially the cute girl part :)...keep updating :)

    ReplyDelete