Friday, April 23, 2010

Love as misunderstood by me.....


Few days back (I don't exactly remember when) I was watching DDLJ. The ideal filmi love story where the guy meets the girl, initially there are those I-don't-like-you fights, then they fall in love but by that time the girls marriage is already fixed so then guy tries to win over her family especially her angry dad and at the end her father agrees and everything is just perfectly fine.

So I remember that when this movie was released I was quite young and was in school and this was and is quite popular romantic movie among people especially girls because it portray the concept of there is a prince charming somewhere for every girl who will one day come and sweep her off her feet. So if I talk with respect to hindi films there is a Raj somewhere for every girl. 

Now this post is not about those girls rather this is my take on what is there in it for guys. There are three instances in the movie which I would have love to live (ironically I cannot live the first two but I think I will experience the third one for the same girl). The first instance is when Simran asks Raj what kind of girl he wants. He just answers "Someone like you ". 

Second when they are standing on the bridge and he his playing the infamous " Tujhe dekha to ye jaana sanam" tune and he tells her looking into her eyes that " I love you" and when she is about to believe him he just says I was kidding.  So envious of him that he could do that.


And third which is the only one I will get to experience is when they are parting at the station and she asks him "Tum Meri Shaadi pe aaoge na?" and he just says "NO".

No comments:

Post a Comment