Saturday, December 18, 2010

As I turned 26....

Ok I know I was supposed to write something on it the day it actually happened but that day I could only muster that post which was not that happy -happy.
So after exactly a week has passed I am here to share how it has been so far.

Well on that day my beloved elder sis called me (she is currently in some other town pursuing her PhD) and asked me "so 26 now ? Till 25 its fine but 26 is like you start feeling older now" And later another friend called me up and said more or less the same thing.

To both of them I told that I don't think so in fact I din't feel anything different. It seems the same, neither more young nor more old. I told them that may be turning 30 will be a milestone and we may not be same after that but before that I don't think life will anyway change while we are still in the 20's.

So as the tradition has been going on since last few years, My mom cooked the season's first Gajar Halwa (a sweet dish made from Carrots) and also cooked a lot of other delicacies.
Apart from that there were no other celebrations that day.

But since Tuesday onwards till Thursday , every day I had a party.
First on Tuesday with two of the people who for the last few months have made my life in the office so memorable. One a very pretty girl who is as sweet in nature and company as she is in appearance and the second is a guy who can make anyone laugh with his antics. Unfortunately it was the last of the many memorable eating rendezevous we three had in the last few months as he moved to some other firm.
Second was next day when I had to bring sweets and snacks for my office colleagues and lastly the day after me and my team mates went to have lunch together.

All in all its going fine and I have a lot of things planned for the coming year about which I will be updating soon....

3 comments: