Monday, December 20, 2010

Movies galore....

Of late I am on movie watching spree and have watched some already –seen and some never-seen-before-by-me movies.

Will talk more or less about the ones I saw for the first time.

Foremost I saw Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows Part 1. Well like with most of the movies being made from books this one too had the same problem. It seemed to move too quickly. Having read the book, especially the last part so many times I somehow had every scene already drawn in my mind and maybe that’s why it seemed that everything was happening so fast without much detail. Obviously they cannot show everything in 2 n ½ hour. Nevertheless it was an ok types movie and I am really looking forward to the last installment. So Goblet of fire and the first two installments still remain the ones that I like the most in this movie series.

Second was Mr and Mrs Smith. Somehow I never liked Angelina Jolie, so surprisingly (I thought it out after watching this movie) this was the first movie that I ever saw of this girl. And man I can understand why she is so popular. She definitely have an attractive face, won’t call pretty or beautiful but her face has a kind of sensuality in it. Well since Ocean’s trilogy is one of my favorite movie series so I anyway like Brad Pitt a lot. He has got some style. It’s a story two killers who are married together for 5-6 years (that’s what Brad Pitt says, not 5 nor 6 ,its 5-6) but both of them don’t know that the other is a killer too until they are setup by the their respective agency to kill each other. So then start the cat n mice fight to kill each other until they realize they cannot kill each other and then they combine to protect each other. Well the movie started well but the second half lost the charm. But their chemistry and first half was really worth watching.

Third was a highly recommended movie by the name “500 days of Summer”. And as the narrator says at the start its not a regular boy-girl love story. The first interesting thing about this movie is that its only after 5 minutes of the movie that you understand that Summer is the name of the female lead (at least that was the case with me as I have not read the reviews earlier) and after that the title made sense 500 days spent for a girl. Second interesting thing was the character of the little sister of the male lead. She was barely 10-12 year old girl who acted as his counselor. Her role was really amazing and the way she advised him on his love life and after the break up with the girl, was quite impressive. So this is a movie everyone who has loved and lost should see in fact not necessary for you to have lost but you will understand the essence more if you have lost ;). It’s a story that shows the 500 days in life of Tom starting from the first day he met the girl but the interesting part was the days were shown in random order. I don’t know but this movie somehow is one that could be both helpful and dangerous for someone who is trying to forget someone…lol

So that’s all for the day..I know an update on the books is still pending and definitely on my cards but till then enjoy :)

3 comments:

  1. I completely completely agree with the review of both the movies.
    Having super-enjoyed the 7th part of the novel the most, the movie indeed seems to be less exciting...but good for revisiting the good ol' days when I read it. :)
    Similarly, having never seen AJ's any other movie, I also liked these same attributes from her. She's like Priyanka Chopra, in a way. She looks best when she shows attitude but cannot fit the melodramatic or the coy-feel characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aj: sexy
    gonnna watch 500 days of summer abhi after reading ur post :)

    ReplyDelete