Saturday, June 18, 2011

Dad...the first SuperHero of our life :)


Tomorrow is Father's day and I have been planning to share a small memory that my dad shared with me a while ago when we two were watching French Open's semifinal between Nadal and Soderling. 
But being the lazy guy I am, I never did.

But today I received a mailer from ICICI Bank , wishing us on Father's day.
The sentence written in that Ad is as follows:
"He is a mentor, guardian, friend, role model and much more. ICICI Bank joins you in wishing the first ever SUPERHERO in your life."

More than anything it was the last line that touched me most.

Yes , he is indeed the first Superhero of our life. He is the first person who could do anything that was possible in this world. He could make us giggle or laugh by tickling us when we were sad that our toy is broken. We don't have to bother if we get tired while walking in the market because no matter how loaded he is , he will always find hands to carry us on his shoulders. We don't have to be scared of falling because we knew before we touch the ground his hand will hold us. In fact sometimes the falling was intentional just to get the caring and pampering after that.
Not only he could never do anything wrong but even if we did a grave mistake we always knew he could mend it and make it like before. No matter how much he scolds you or how much you are scared of him, he was the one guy in whose arms you had the best sleep you ever had.

Yes he is my first Idol and like everyone who wishes to be like their dad I too always wanted to be like him when I grow up. He has taught me a lot of things in life but the foremost thing I have learned from him , the conversation that I still remember little foggily was when he told me that "Nothing is impossible". I don't remember why he said that or for what context but that is one thing that has always given me the courage to do anything , to take initiatives and be confident that yes I can do it.

So coming to the memory that he shared that day. I came back from office and as always I was sitting with my Mom n Dad and watching whatever they were watching on television. And during the commercial I just surfed to the sports channel as I knew Nadal vs Soderling was being aired at that time. After checking the score I just changed back the channel but my dad changed back to the sports channel and started watching, I was surprised because although we two have always passionately watched Cricket and Hockey together and I had also forced him to see ManU's soccer matches at times but I never thought he will show any interest in any other sport. Soon he started commenting passionately about that sport and then he shared that while in college he had at times worked as a ball boy at tennis stadium. In fact he told me that he has seen Ramesh Krishnan, Joy Mukherjee etc who have been stalwarts of Indian tennis in 70's from close as he had served as the ball boy in the games they played at the tennis academy. I felt quite proud and happy to know about it.

I love him a lot. And wish him the best of health , happiness and everything :)

PS: I know the photo is not good :( . I clicked it just today and was hoping it to come good and right now this is the only pic which matches what I want to add to this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment