Saturday, February 28, 2009

One off the list....

After almost two months since I made this List, I was finally able to strike off one of my wishes, No 4 (the simplest one). (A day later Man U also strikes off one of the trophies that they are chasing this season by winning the Carling Cup, so now they have three left and I have three left of the ones I listed :) but they will be decided by this May and I have no desire to be so fast)

I got up on Saturday, did the first thing I do every morning and as usual got disappointed and lazily got up , read the newspaper, surfed the idiot box and on finding nothing worth watching decided to watch Dev D as I was thinking of watching it since a long time. So I took my shower and ran to the nearest video shop and asked him for the dvd but to my hard luck they still din't get hold of any pirated copy, so with a heavy heart I picked up CC2C and went back.

Then a thought came to my mind, why not take this as a sign to fulfill my wish of watching a movie in theater all by myself? anyways after two days of Emotional Attayachar, I was looking for some much needed self eluding time to get away from Me and be with Me. :)

So I decided to go and watch Dev D.

All the time while on my way I was too excited for this experience.

Soon I reached the multiplex and took my ticket and since I got next to last row seat, I thought it must be an empty show, anyways the movie has been running since a long time so I was not expecting much crowd.
Soon we were ushered into the auditorium and I found only three couples apart from me and luckily nobody was sitting where I got a seat.

Just when the movie was about to start , a guy came and sat next to me and I just hoped that he lets me watch the movie without making any comments or noises.

Soon the theater got half full and the movie started and let me not go into details of how it was :). It was not even a so so movie for me and was seriously an emotional attyachar. The movie either deserved a zero or a 5 (the rating that TOI gave) because if you like a single instance then you will like the whole movie.

May be I picked a wrong movie for this experience.

But in one front the movie was a modern take on the eternal love story of Dev Das, what the earlier three DevDas could not understand this guy understood that most people in this world don't get their Paro (most even don't get their Paro to love them) but very few of them get a chance to have Chandramukhi. So its wise to move on with their Chanda.

But somehow I feel those DevDas were correct too, Its not necessary to always live your life in an ideal, practical and goody - goody way. Sometimes you should have the liberty to screw up everything just for the sake of one thing.

Abhay Deol is as usual awesome in his acting and looks quite natural. The songs are awesome , everyone of them are worth listening specially Pardesi with the touch of folk and Emotional Attayachar Rock Version.


Anyways going back to my experience, it was quite fun and I think I should make it a habit.

A Movie ticket - Rs 150
Popcorn and Hot Chocolate - Rs 90
Watching a movie in a theater without anyone along whom you know - Priceless :)

The only thing that I missed was Thumbs Up...Naaa not with coke....with Vodka...Ha ha ha ha ....

4 comments:

  1. its a good experience watching movie alone :)...have watched quite a lot alone....watched chak de, dark knight alone.... but when the movie sucks like FASHION did...it feels painful to sit in the hall alone with no one to talk to..... :(....donno how u managed if u didnt like the movie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure the movie would have been choking for you , if you were with someone.We people are not used to such things :P.
    And you missed half the fun , by not sitting next to those couples :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmm Siddhartha may be the excitement din't let me get bored watching that.

    Sehar, I think in both the cases ie. with someone or near the couples it would have been an embarrassing experience for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. arre y embarassing ??aisa to kuch nahi tha usme ??

    ReplyDelete