Thursday, June 25, 2009

Floaters

Since the last two days, I am going to office wearing Floaters (Sandals) and it seems to me as if I am just wearing slippers to office, I mean the feeling is so unprofessional. When I stroll in office it makes me feel as if I am in somewhere outdoors.

I don't think in my 3 years of corporate life I have ever worn anything other than formal shoes to office. And it would have remained same if not for this hot summer.

Everyday when I used to reach home in the evening and take off my shoes, I could hear my feets crying for air.

Although open shoes makes them dirty but at least they can breathe all the time otherwise with shoes they just get cramped for freedom.

Although it seems unprofessional but may be to fight this heat you need to be unconventional at times . But with rainy season expected anytime, I wonder how long I am going to have the liberty of wearing them to office.

2 comments:

  1. Too much thinking!! I think you need to remember two essential rules of a software professional's life-
    1. You are a techie and not a manager/ MBA professional. Rules and dress codes are not meant for you!
    2. Rules are meant only to organize your life. Not to take over life. So, if ever you feel something is important for you to enjoy life, and rules are the reason you're not doing it...just flush the rule and have fun! :)

    And FYI, I wear floaters daily to my office and I feel great. And, after reading your post, I would say, feel FREE! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment :)

    I don't agree with your 1st point and as far as 2nd point is concerned , I guess I forgot to mention explicitly that I am more comfortable with wearing shoes than floaters :)..... And unlike as you said to me wearing floaters isn't great :)

    ReplyDelete