Sunday, January 4, 2009

Something Cheesy - I

I watched Ghajini this weekend...And as most have already seen or at least heard it’s really a nice movie.
And to put it in Mr. Innocent Devil’s word “The way the sequence of action and romance was shown in the movie, makes it stand out from the rest”. Completely agree. The mixture and the way it was mixed were good.
In fact I did not find it that action packed and I will call it more of tragic love story. (Did someone shout Eureka :)...Ya I know that is what it is and I did not observe anything new :) )
There was a very interesting scene when the Girl Kalpana (As-In) says yes to Sanjay's proposal was quite amusing. It goes like this... (I might have forgotten the words)
Kalpana – Maine 1 baje tak socha ki main tumse pyar kyun karun
Phir Maine 2 baje tak socha karne me kya burai hai
Phir maine 3 baje socha chalo try karke hi dekhte hai
I love you.........
He he he he..... you need to see the scene to know what I am talking about. It was like dude is Love so simple :)
The characterisation of the girl is awesome, a real “fall in love when you meet” kind of character.

There is a song in the movie “Kaise mujhe tum mil gae...” When I first heard and saw this song, I thought why a guy is saying “Kaise mujhe tum mil gae” in such a, I won’t say sad or depressing, but a very low sounding way...it got to have been a happy moment or song for him...that’s why I didn’t like this song earlier and even when Mr Dev recommended me this song I did not like it much. But now after seeing the movie I feel it is the most strategically placed song I have seen (May be all the songs are done in that way only but again a Eureka moment for me :) ). The situations and scenes around that song is so perfectly placed that you heart cry out with the hero “Kaise mujhe tum mil gae, kismet pe aae na Yakeen”...So another song to my “He Sings “list. :)

After that I watched “Get Smart”...I HAD to watch it :) :) :)
Well the movie is, as mentioned to me “supposedly comic” and has Khali as one of the characterisation, and “He does not have a small role, he does have a substantial role” :) :) :) :)
I liked it for sure.
And it’s about a Detective who worked as an analyst and always dreamt of becoming a field agent one day and because of some lack of resource situation is provided an opportunity and then embarks on an unintentional funny adventure along with his beautiful partner Agent 99 in quest of the terrorists and nuclear weapons and that’s what makes it such a nice watch. It’s somewhat similar to “Jhony English” ...Pardon me if the description is bit lousy.
In this movie the first encounter of the hero “Max” with agent 99 is quite cheesy.
The heroine is jogging on the street when she collides with the hero. And he starts flirting with her. Then she asks him
Agent 99 - “Are you flirting with me?”
Max – “It depends .....Is it working?”
Agent 99 – “Not at all...”
Max (very calmly) – “Then I am not...”

Now a tough job... Have to name this post...Can’t name it “Kaise mujhe tum miloge”, already named some other post that :)

I think the main reason I started writing this was because of two amusing incidents in both the movies and there have been many such scenes in various movies that amuses me for their cheesy nature..so I will name it as “Something cheesy - I” (Yes I, as there will be many sequels to this :) )

4 comments:

  1. Ok, so I watched Ghajini last night - through this Rs 50 DVD in which you get 4 latest movies.Not to tell, half the charm was already gone.The proposal part-even I found it very amusing- you could think one whole night and then come to a conclusion that you love a person or not..Wow.Anyways,I was too disappointed to see,how formal they were,even after she had said "yes" :P.Thing I lamented was - why Kalpana had to die before she come to know her boyfriend was "Sanjay Singhania".She'd have been much more happily dying after knowing this :P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. indeed its a 2 good movie if u go with expectations not sky rocketing....u end up enjoyin it ...asin was very natural in acting...didnt look like this was her first hindi movie...my mom too saw the movie and to my surprise she liked it pretty much ...and specially ASIN's happy go lucky character...

    Kaise mujhe tum mil gayeen is a beautiful song like i have always been telling u and i am happy now u realise it and agree :)

    Yes it is funny how easily she accepts his proposal :P....but its a movie...real life is boring....reel life is not :P :P

    Deeksha: "She'd have been much more happily dying after knowing this :P"...........i would like to hear how and y she'd have been more happy dying after knowing ??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh,Please,Asin was "over"acring in first half -she looked good only when she was sober or was dying :P..And what I meant with "happily dying" was she 'd have been happier before she died.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with you Deeksha..even I thought she was quite loud in her acting just her characterization was too good.


    Siddhartha, Real life is boring only for some people :)

    ReplyDelete