Monday, February 28, 2011

The Tale of Two Seats...

The two place on which my bum rests the most play a very significant part in my life and that too in a contradictory manner.... 

The first one is the seat on which I want to spend the least amount of time in a day i.e my bus seat (I generally sit at the same seat everyday in the bus in the morning and another one in the evening) but its the one which gives me the most positive vibes I ever experienced in my life....Its like an old hindi saying "Keechar me hi Kamal khilta hai (Its only in mud that Lotus grows)"...Its the place where I feel so low because of the surroundings but its the only place where I get to think and ponder upon what I want to do with my life... All the ideas and thoughts , thinking which I feel a sense of life, a sense of going to accomplish something are born while sitting there.... Its where I get motivated to do all that I want to do and feel the enthusiasm to go to office and accomplish not only my professional but all my personal goals too.... Its where I make my to do list, prioritize them... Its where I feel like studying everything I want to.... Its where in the morning when the whole bus is sleeping , I am either reading a book or reading technical stuffs on my laptop.... the reason I mentioned technical is because like most of the people I too don't like reading those stuffs most of the time ..but while sitting on that seat I somehow get all the interest and motivation to read anything and everything...and most of the stuff that I have ever written on my blog has been thought of on that particular seat.. And when I get down from bus I am all pumped up to go and conquer the world and thats when I reach the second seat...i.e. my office seat...

Unlike my first seat the moment I reach my office seat my thoughts change..I don't know if its the path between the two or the seat itself but once I am seated there I loose most of the motivation and almost everyday the first 30-45 minutes of office are spend procastinating my work, about which I have planned so enthusiastically in the bus, and also the personal stuffs I quickly wanted to do or check after reaching office and instead I spend it surfing and checking my personal mails and facebook..... All my planning and thoughts of getting down straight with the work goes out of the window.

And as you can make out that the time spend on the first seat is relatively less than that on the second one so as result my actually efficiency is far less than what I can achieve.... 

Just for the records I am still performing above expectations for my office people but as the quote I love the most "People judge you on the basis of what you have done and you judge yourself on the basis of what you are capable of doing " 

3 comments:

  1. I can completely relate to what you have written...and I also liked your favorite quote!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one! I can so relate to it. (too). :)
    For the procrastination, I go through the same too in the morning. But, I've noticed that the days when I open my office mailbox first than the personal e-mails, then I get into work straight away and the morning passes more productively. But, if I end up opening FB before anything else, then a lot of time is wasted. It's not as much about the time I spend on FB, bt the efficiency that drops. The focus shifts or at least gets hazy. I wish I could get rid of my addiction with these social sites some day.
    Try this technique and if it works, we know the culprit. :)

    ReplyDelete