Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Spice girls in my head ...

Many a times I could hear Spice Girls singing these two lines from there famous number "Wanna be" in my head

"If you wanna be my lover, you got to get with my friends. Make it last forever cause friendship never ends"

When I din't know the lyrics clearly earlier I used to think that they are singing "If you wanna be my lover you got to be my friend as love can end whenever but friendship never ends" And it used to make sense to me that you have to be a friend first than a lover but now when I know the actual words, I know this is making sense too.
You have to accept the fact she too has other friends who are close to her and for you to be her true lover you have to get along and appreciate that fact.
Although it throws my exclusivity wish out of the window but that must be the case. If while with her you can be still close to your other female friends, so, so can she. Like the lyrics of Hotel California goes like " She has got pretty pretty boys she calls friends"
And also I feel its natural to be jealous of her friends but sooner you accept it, more happier and joyful your relation can be.

3 comments:

  1. a debatable topic this is "exclusivity or still being close with other female/male frnds"
    depends on how close this close is :P...also its not necessary her frnds become urs as well..

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way I am saying that her friends should be your friends too or vice versa.. what I am saying is you have to accept that she has other friends too....And the close can be as close as friendship can be...its not at all necessary that you are only close with the one you are in love ...in fact being close only to the one you love is rarity....may be for your reference the closeness I mean is the closeness between best friends and hope you agree its not always necessary that you are in love with your best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete