Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Brahmin ka ladka and kayastha ki ladki contd...

Just after reaching home I was surfing through the tv channels and by chance landed on a movie channel which was airing Dil Chahta Hai. Just the last 20 minutes were left. Its one movie which although I see every time its aired but only the first half till Aamir and Priety's love story starts. After that I can't watch it. But today since it was coming to end I just watched.

The scene where Aamir proposes to Priety on her wedding day was being shown and it just made me think what I have always believed that if the girl n boy both have strong mutual feelings for each other then they just get filled with so much confidence that they can take on any hardships or obstacle that might come in their path.

So just after watching this scene I thought about writing this post.

So as I was telling that my friend and that girl(That girl sounds little rude so I will have to quickly think of some nicknames for both). So lets call them Ram Prasad and Soni. So Ram Prasad is UP ka brahmin and Soni is Punjab di Kudi. ( Although Ram Prasad sounds like a UP Ka Bhaiya but he is not. He is a hunk)

So if Ram Prasad is shudh Sakahari then Soni relishes eating all kind of non veg products. Although for Ram Prasad, Soni has stopped eating non veg (something which I don't agree because I may not stop eating something for someone so why should someone else, but obviously when in Love you do anything). This is something that Ram Prasad thinks are part of numerous reasons on which his family will protest. Another being the fact that Soni is Manglik something that is worse then the person being a criminal. But our Ram Prasad is an Idealistic guy so he thinks these things are immaterial and also he says that if he finalise a girl then he will try not to let the families match the kundalis even as he doesn't want any mismatch to cause any negative psychological effect.

I don't feel not matching the kundalis is practically possible but not taking any mismatch seriously is.

Now Soni's family want her to marry a Punjabi guy and even Ram Prasad's family too will want him to marry someone from their own caste. So overall Miyan Bibi are going to be razi but might be some issues with the kazis.

So all this and what I felt while watching Dil Chagta Hai that is what I want to share.

When he was sharing all these problems I told him see if both of you get serious about each other then no matter how big issues might arise but we will definitely try our best to resolve them. We are not going to give up without at least talking to both set of families. We will give our best to convince n resolve the differences.

I don't know but somehow I also get that confidence in those cases, for my friends, to face up to their issues and also the believe that they will be overcome with effort. I always feel and tell my friends that I will talk for them in that case but won't give up without trying.

He also feels that may be their relation itself will run into some problems or conflicts or some differences will arise between the two. I agree its too premature right now and you cannot predict future but I feel Best relations are not the ones which don't have any problems but they are the one which overcome all problems successfully.

So hoping for the best.

1 comment:

  1. ha...now i can relate to that time he said "kundli milane wala dhoondhna padega mujhe bhi" :P

    ReplyDelete