Sunday, January 17, 2010

Chidiya

Chidiya (Its Hindi for Bird :) :) )
---------------------------------------

I am a human I want to fly,
like the birds I too should touch the sky.

Like the Cuckoo singing on the distant tree,
I want to fill the world with sweet melody.

Dancing, rejoicing, spreading my feather,
let me be the Peacock, embracing the weather.

Sharp as a Crow and pure as a Dove,
Spreading the message of truth and love.

Wandering from place to place,
picking from tree to tree,
In the night I will retire to my nest,
to the warmth of my family.

To keep a vigil I will Roost on a height,
And will give a loud crow everyday,
to joyfully welcome the morning light.

What I have that birds don't have.
May be the means of destruction
and power to grab.

Like us birds are too Predator and Prey.
For them too the need is to survive everyday.

I wish I could be like a bird,
but is there anything about me that bird says ,
"I want to have, I want to have" ?


PS: I started writing this as with most of my poems with a negative aspect like I don't have this like a bird etc.

Sharing what I wrote

"
Look at their wings,
how they touch the sky.
While I am human,
who can't even fly.

Listen to the Cuckoo,
singing on the distant tree.
While I am human,
without any melody.

Hail the peacock,
who dances in the rain.
While I am human,
wiping the window pane.

The black , shrill Crow
preaches to speak only true.
While I am human,
who lies every moment to make it thru.

The Rooster roosting on the post,
Welcomes the morning with his loud crow.
While I am human,
who never shows the delight  and
always give a cry of "Oh no".

Picking fruits from tree to tree,
and retiring in the night to the cosy nest.
While I am human,
who have a home full of luxury
but complains I am still far from my crest.

Is there anything with me,
which the birds wish to be?
which I as a human,
can make them envy ? 


"
but then I thought why not write it like what I will do if I will have it. So I wrote Chidiya.

Like with most of my poems (Ok I have just written 3 or 4 :) ) I wasn't sure where to end it and as I cherish to write non-ending poems, poems that can be expanded or can have more to say or contradict, so thought of ending it at this question which I myself want to answer. I feel there are lot of good things that humans have which other species should want and will definitely try to find a poetic answer for it. It feels good to be poetic about something else too. :)

3 comments:

  1. Man you are improving...this is even better...
    You can be an amateur or a novice or a neophyte (whatever term use for new or inexperience),you can improve,I can see a future Poet here, keep trying and explore your innate quality God has given you.....Now I have to open my blog frequently to read your poem, let me put it in my schedule...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude....u need to publish a book :)

    ReplyDelete