Sunday, January 10, 2010

Some updates and weekend ...

In Friday's Garfield strip Jon says "There are things I never realized about being a Boyfriend. I have awesome responsibilities now. I Have to shave on weekends"

Thank God I don't have such responsibilities and don't have to shave except on Mondays or special occasions.
So I shared the same strip with Ram Prasad who is very irregular with shaving. He told me, no problem, anyways I only shave on weekends.

There is a positive development in that love story. It seems Soni is also a Brahmin, a Punjabi Brahmin. So that means my title for that series of post is not exactly applicable as its now just a inter cultural relation not an inter caste one. Feel that's better. And anyways the title need not be taken literally. Anyways will update on that topic if something substantial happens.

As it was Sunday so we decided to do some shopping for Sankranti and also mom had to buy few things for winter. But as someone has very rightly said that "Chances of going to a shop to buy a loaf of bread, and coming out with only the loaf of bread is one in a million." So we ended purchasing a hell lot of things including a jacket, a pair of shoes and two trousers for myself. And as we went to C R Park (Mini Kolkatta in New Delhi) I purchased misthi doi and some sweets and dairy milk too. I am having too much sweets nowadays. First Bengal, then Gajar ka halwa yesterday and now these sweets but still when I was having dosa at one of the food joint I couldn't resist the temptation to have some hot jalebis which was being sold nearby and bought some.
All in all a lovely weekend. More so because after a long time god gave me a chance to be good to someone and prove that I too am a nice guy and I hope in the coming times I won't disappoint him.

2 comments:

  1. u are a nice guy, dude. don't 'bout that. nd nice to hear she is punjabi brahmin. will kinda make things relatively easier :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is a "worry" between dont and 'bout :P

    ReplyDelete